Everyone wants the bestultrabook. the most powerful one, the best looking. And HP, now, is blurring the lines between its mid-range series and what you could consider premium. The Envy 15 ($1,149.99 to start, $1,499.99 as tested) has some of the looks of HP’s more expensive Spectre line, and with Intel Core i7 CPU and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q, has some chops for creatives and some gamers. It also boasts nice speakers and a comfortable keyboard. There are trade-offs here — it’s heavier and thicker than premium machines. And if you opt for the OLED display option like ours had, be ready to keep the charger nearby.
HP Envy 15 Review
The Envy looks nicer than ever (even a bit like the more expensive HP Spectre line) with an aluminum chassis boasting the version of the HP logo the company seems to save for the laptops it cares most about. It’s a series of angled lines, rather than the old circle iconography.
The 15.6-inch display is surrounded by slight bezels, except for on the bottom, where it’s a bit bigger. The aluminum deck has patterned, top-firing speaker grilles on each side. There’s a fingerprint reader on the last row of the keyboard, next to the arrow keys, which is an old placement, but at least it’s super-fast. The Envy also has a glass touchpad with diamond-cut edges this time around. The Envy logo can be found on the spine and to the right of the touchpad, but it’s not very noticeable.
More than ever, you can actually be envious of this thing.
At 4.7 pounds and 14.1 x 9.3 x 0.7 inches, it is a bit heavier than some other laptops aimed at the creative class. The Dell XPS 15 9500 is 4.5 pounds and 13.6 x 9.1 x 0.7 inches. The MSI Prestige 14, which has a smaller screen, is 2.8 pounds and 12.6 x 8.5 x 0.6 inches. Apple’s 16-inch MacBook Pro, with a bigger display, is 4.3 pounds but a smidge larger at 14.1 x 9.7 x 0.6 inches.
Related Post: Top 10 Best 2 in 1 windows Laptops/Tablets of 2020
- A LIMITLESS POWERHOUSE: Breeze through long college classes on a single charge, work on creative projects with plenty of memory, take care of business with the multi-core processor, and end the day with beautiful graphics for some light gaming
- DISPLAY WITH DEDICATED GRAPHICS: 15.6-inch diagonal FHD, IPS, micro-edge WLED-backlit, multitouch-enabled, edge-to-edge glass, 400 nits, 100% sRGB (1920 x 1080); 82% screen to body ratio; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated) graphics let you game and stream at ultra-speed with fast technology and breakthrough graphics
- SUPER FAST PROCESSOR: 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor, 6-Core, 2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- FAST BOOTUP WITH SOLID-STATE DRIVE & HIGHER BANDWIDTH MEMORY: Boot up in seconds, transfer files without waiting hours, and enjoy a speedier experience with the internal 512 GB PCIe NVMeM.2 SSD, and higher bandwidth, speed and efficiency with 16 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM (upgradable with 2 accessible slots, 2 x 8 GB)
- ALL-DAY BATTERY LIFE: Up to 18 hours and 15 minutes (mixed usage), up to 15 hours and 45 minutes (video playback), up to 8 hours and 15 minutes (wireless streaming); 0 to 50% charge in 45 minutes with HP Fast Charge
- THIN, LIGHT AND PORTABLE (unpackaged): 14.09 inches (W) x 9.32 inches (D) x 0.73 inches (H); 4.74 pounds
- OPERATING SYSTEM AND WARRANTY: Windows 10 Home and 1-year limited hardware warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support when shipped from and sold by Amazon.com
- UNHACKABLE SECURITY: State-of-the-art security features include camera shutter button, microphone mute button and integrated fingerprint reader
- BIOS RECOVERY AND PROTECTION: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS: Low halogen, mercury-free display backlights, arsenic-free display glass in this ENERGY STAR certified and EPEAT Silver registered HP Envy 15 laptop.