Estimated read time: 3 minutes
For the past few months, Android 11 update has been appearing on so many Android phones. But this has not been the case for Samsung devices. However, a new report has come to the light (Samsung Android 11 plans), bring with it hope as to when the Android 11 is to appear on Samsung devices.
Samsung made available in the Samsung Members app in Egypt the schedule of its Android 11 update plans.
This offers us a glimpse as to when the update is to be expected. While this is confirmation for Egypt, Samsung is yet to officially confirm its timeframe for those in Australia. However, Samsung has confirmed that updates for the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra starts rolling out from 3rd December for those in the US, UK and most markets in Europe.
It has also confirmed the update will gradually rollout to its other devices in the coming weeks. This proves that the information below from Samsung Egypt is correct.
With all that out of the way, this does give us a promising idea as to when Samsung phones will start receiving the Android 11 software upgrade. Here’s what the official Samsung Members app in Egypt has told users, according to TizenHelp about the samsung android 11 update list.
Samsung Android 11 Update Plan
- December 2020: Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra
- January 2021: Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 Plus, Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10 Plus, Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Fold 2
- February 2021: Galaxy Fold
- March 2021: Galaxy M21, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M31, Galaxy A51, Galaxy Note 10 Lite and Galaxy Tab S7
- April 2021: Galaxy A50 and Galaxy M51
- May 2021: Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A80, Galaxy Tab S6 and Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- June 2021: Galaxy A01-Core, Galaxy A01, Galaxy A11, Galaxy M11 and Galaxy Tab A
- July 2021: Galaxy A30 and Galaxy Tab S5e
- August 2021: Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and Galaxy Tab Active Pro
- September 2021: Galaxy Tab A8 (2019)
READ OUR FULL:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Review – Not What You Expected
- Best and Cheapest Samsung Phones in 2020
- Samsung Galaxy A51 honest Review
So that suggests most flagship devices from Samsung over the last few years will be getting Android 11 by the end of January 2021. There’s no sign of slightly older devices like the Samsung Galaxy S9 series, suggesting that the phone won’t get the upgrade.
Android updates sometimes fluctuate as well depending on your carrier and your location in the world. So, there is a probability that this list is not 100% correct for everyone. Meaning it may take a longer time for you to get the new feature on your Samsung device.